Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hallow's eve

A few great quotes from tonight. All courtesy of Jack in case you couldn't tell.

Jack refers to trick or treating as "sugar treating". When I tried to correct him, carefully enunciating "trick OR treat", he paused, then answered, "Treat. SUGAR treat!!" It makes perfect sense really...

For the first few houses, Jack would look into his pumpkin and count every piece of candy he'd gotten so far. This was abandoned in the mad rush of sugar-treating, until the end, when he looked into the pumpkin and exclaimed in surprise, "I have so many candy!!! I have too many to count."


On the way back down the street, Jack stated several times, "My energy is low. Carry me!"

After returning home, Jack helped Daddy pass out candy from the front step. He referred to this as "playing sugar treat". He happily told me that he "gave candy to SOOO many friends". Nat reports that his generosity was pretty astounding and that he enthusiastically waved his "friends" up on to the porch...(I just love that about him, that the whole world is his friend..)

Ivy seemed to enjoy her first Halloween, as evidenced by her putting off her nap for an extra half hour to watch the proceedings from her vantage point of the stroller (sandwiched in by a bulky snowsuit and several stuffed Wild Things). Next year she'll be walking. Whoa.

No comments: