Thursday, April 1, 2010

38 days!

According to that baby-meter to the right, that's how long we have til the due date. Ack! I suppose really we are "ready". I mean, we have certainly procured a massive quantity of pink clothing for the little girl. The nursery is almost put back together, and aside from getting some wipes and diaper cream to keep downstairs, we're set. BUT-- are we really ready??? Ready to be a family of 4 instead of 3? Ready for Jack to no longer be an only child? Am I ready to be a mom of 2? I suppose, ready or not here it comes. And, with the closet full and smelling of Dreft and the nursery shiny and prepped, I AM getting a bit more excited to have a new little teeny tiny in the house. But I am not sure I'm ready to give up our easy, predictable life-as-we-know-it, just yet.
I am just hoping that little girl takes her time and waits til that due date so I can get myself as ready as possible.

A cute story about the soon-to-be big brother:
At the Cleveland Heights egg hunt a couple weeks ago Jack became the proud owner of about 50 mini chocolate eggs. Being restrictive parents, we helped him pack them up in a baggie and we've been rationing them out, generally as an after-nap snack, ever since. Today I gave Jack his baggie of "choclick" as he calls it, so he could pick out the egg of his choice. He walked over to me with two eggs in in hand and said, "Here, mommy" while giving one to me. Then, back to the bag he went, saying "one por daddy", and carefully picked out another. He came over, handed the bag full of eggs to me, and took an egg to Daddy in the other room. All before unwrapping his own candy. Without being asked. He's pretty spectacular.

And an image from today:

We took a trip to Turtle Park to celebrate the 82 degree weather this evening. Jack could NOT be convinced to wear a T-shirt (he gets quite upset when he can't pull the sleeves of his T-shirts down to his wrists, saying "I need one with long sleeves!!! with tears in his eyes). We did manage to get him into shorts (thanks to the above mentioned chocolate distraction) but he refused to even look at sandals. So, off to the park we went, with Jack dressed in a long sleeve henley, long denim shorts, and tennies with sport socks. Add the bucket hat and his slightly doddering walk, and it was like we'd brought a little tiny 80 year old man to the playground with us. Watching him wander around, clutching his blue shovel in one hand and a broken steering wheel in the other, I loved him so very, very much.

2 comments:

Gemineye said...

Of course you're ready! Change is always scary but you're already so good at this... it's only going to get better.

Gemineye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.