Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What do Jack and Springtime have in common?

They can both catch me off guard sometimes with how wonderful they are!

Today I got a little stolen time with both wonderful things-- the sun came out unexpectedly after school, and we spent some lovely family time out in the yard, raking and cleaning and looking for buds on the trees...

I wish I could just record everything that boy says, sometimes. Every line he speaks is funny and sweet and utterly adorable these days.
Upon being told that the sand in his sandbox was pretty wet today: "Yeah, it really sticks to my hand a lot! And it falls right off into my sandbox!"
As I mentioned I needed two shovels to load up some lawn waste into the wheelbarrow "Oh! I have a little shovel!" And off he went to get it... (note: this is not actually a little shovel. We, apparently, do not believe in "children's versions" of adult tools. Jack's little shovel is a full size garden shovel with a somewhat small blade... it is important to picture him carefully wielding this tool as you read the next section.)

He proceeded to have the most splendid time shoveling up piles of dead grass -- "It's easy with my shovel. I pick up a little pile like this!!" -- and hoisting them up into the wheelbarrow (as tall as he is, almost!)

And everytime Nat raked more into the pile-- oh! the joy in Jack's voice as he exclaimed "Thank you Daddy!!!" Never seen a kid more excited to do work!

And on an unrelated note-- tonight Jack learned the word "flatulent". Yep. There you have it.

No comments: