Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More things Jack says...

Have I mentioned that I wish I could freeze time right now? I just love this age. I just love my son. I used to be a bit of a cynic regarding that mush-gushy idea of absolute, unconditional parental love. But suddenly these days I am understanding it. Because I am so absolutely, unconditionally in love with this 3 foot tall, charming child that lives in my house. The one with the most wonderful sparkling smile, the contagious laugh, and the funniest little patterns of speech you have ever heard. He is perfect (I say that without the slightest hint of bias!).

Here are a few of the little "turns of phrase" that I love right now:

"You ready por dis??" or the variant "Ready por show?" when he wants us to watch him do something.

"What think of dis?" when he wants us to respond to whatever "show" he just put on...

"choo-choo house" Yes-- he's been saying this for a while but I thought I should capture that he still uses it to refer to any location with a train table -- ie, a place to play. But he now differentiates between all of the different choo choo houses we frequent. For instance-- driving past Legacy Village he noted to us that "Dere a different choo choo house at Legacy Billage!"

"timilar"- he is now able to use the word "similar" appropriately in conversation. I don't know about anyone else but I am astounded by this...

No comments: