Monday, May 5, 2008

Mommy's little helper...



Just had to share these pictures... as we were cleaning yesterday Jack was eyeing the broom and mop handles with great envy, reaching out for them each time we came by. So, I gave him the Swiffer. He proceeded to play with it for about 10 minutes. I love the look of concentration on his face, as if he's really working to get that one spot clean.

Over the past few days, Jack has been a bit more motivated to move around. Not that he's actually doing it or anything. But there is a difference to the way he holds his body, a difference in the way it feels to hold him. When he reaches, its with his whole self, not just his arms. He's squirmier. Its exciting but also makes the heavy little bugger much harder to hold.

He continues to have some nice "momma's boy" moments that make my heart melt. Last night he attended my WSC concert and ushered with daddy. After the concert, when I came out to see them, he greeted me right away with arms up and reaching, and a little whiny "Mmmmm" (which I am pretty sure is his name for me right now). That's $5 for his college fund!

In other news we are still up 2-4 times per night. Urg. We halfheartedly tried "extinction" the other night and decided we're not up for that yet. Perhaps if he has not shaped up by summer break.

No comments: