Monday, May 9, 2016

In other news....

Contrary to appearances, the girl's birthday party was not the only thing we've been up to recently.

It was just the most time consuming thing.

Other events of note this week:

The end of the FAST program we've been doing on Wednesdays.  Wasn't sure I would like it, with all the hokey routines... but it really grew on me and I'm going to miss interacting with these families once a week.  The FAST staff put on quite a party for us, all luau themed with delicious food, and a cute little graduation ceremony.  So sweet.






A beautiful weekend.

Really.  Look at the pink trees on Somerton!  One week later and the pink petals are decorating the sidewalks  instead.  The fleeting glory of spring!

 Saturday we spent much of the day at the regional Invention Convention competition, where Jack's invention was displayed and judged.  Jack was disappointed to not come away with an award, but he handled it well.  He DID get a lot of swag, including a yo yo, which has become his new pastime...



Ivy and I had a great time acting out an extended drama in the "woods" outside the competition....

Sunday:  Time with tulips and mud pies  and yo-yo's at the Gardens...





 Sunday night-- West Shore Concert! The season is over, so soon!  The kids and Nat came, for the first time in a long time.  It was nice to see them out there even if the concert was a bit long for them.  Said my trouper, Ivy: "We just had to get up to stretch our legs a little..."

 New week... more adventures!
 Jack's spring recorder concert was on Tuesday.  Here he is all dressed up and ready...  Him and his big feet!

 Oh, yeah--Jen came to Ohio!  And we got to steal her for 4 days! The best, soul-feeding surprise at the exact moment my soul needed some feeding.  I do love me some Jen.

Here's my amazing friend who not only voluntarily attended an elementary recorder concert with us, but also immediately jumped in to help with programs.  She is awe inspiring. 




That boy!


 Magical playground time with our Boulevard Community, enjoying the golden light after the concert.  All those sweet, musically talented kids, swarming over the phayground together.  Love it.



 Wednesday-- a mid week playdate at the Perry house.  Kids running rampant as the adults ate SO much grilled food.  Did I mention I love Jen?  Nothing like a trained chef-in-residence....Oh, and grilled apricots are my new favorite.



 Thursday we stayed in, looked at our photo shoot proofs, and spent an inordinate amount of time, thought, and energy on princess party props...


Friday-- Campfire at our place! (After a day off for me, wherein I alternately cleaned like a banshee and prepped for a party, and went out for Dim Sum and shopping with some of my favorite people.  Yeah, life is good....)



It's been an amazing week.  An amazing, exhausting week.  But a little sleep deprivation is a small price to pay for so much parental pride and friend-magic.  Happy.

No comments: