Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shapes...

So, I've officially lost count of Jack's new words. I simply can't keep up with the onslaught of new language. He's been stringing two words together recently: Big truck, notebook, stick eat (talking about Corydon chewing a stick), water dump. He's become so much more clear in his communication in just the past few days. It's phenomenal. So is his knowledge of shapes... I think instead of a "new word count" I'll have to start keeping track of "new things Jack knows." This evening as we were reading the perennial favorite, Bow -wow, Jack just blew me away with how many shapes he could talk about. As we read the book, he confidently named the star, moon, and heart, and repeated, clear as day, the word "arrow" after me. Then, on the last page, which has a grid of all the shapes shown in the book, he wanted me to name all the shapes. After we did that, I asked him to find various shapes. He identified every single one! And named the heart, star, oval, arrow, and square while he was at it. Every day he is surprising me with all the things he knows. All the things we haven't really even taught him. He's just soaking it all up. One cute, funny, blue eyed, chatty little learning sponge.

No comments: