Friday, March 27, 2009

Word Explosion!

So, I have thought a few times that Jack was having the much-anticipated "word explosion"... but I think tonight was the start of the real thing! Between the hours of 5 and 7 this evening, we heard him say not less than 5 new words: table, rooster, toothbrush, Coke, and dust. I think there were a few more that I've already forgotten... I feel like I can't keep up with all of his new developments these days. He's suddenly such a ... kid...! All the running and climbing and talking... and I think the biggest thing may be the two-piece PJ's. As he sat on the changing table tonight in his big boy PJ's, telling some sort of story to the "dus" (the fairy dust, AKA scented diaper pail powder that he LOVES to hold onto...), I wondered where this little boy has come from, and where my little baby has gone...

I love this little boy, though. He's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Mrs. Denardi said...

It appears at the moment that Jack is a lefty; does he always prefer the left hand? What an energetic little boy, typical, I guess. He seems to be developing his motor skills and language skills at about the same rate, unlike his mother, who at the age of 11 months started and never stopped talking. She was a true speed crawler, however, and didn't bother with erect motition until about 2 years of age. I am truly impressed with what seems a remarkablbly good looking and intelligent little boy. Good genes?
Love from G'father jon