Thursday, March 6, 2008

poor little puker

Poor baby Jack had his first real puke last night. He had been a bit whiny all day... teething, we thought. Then, we he got up from his nap-- puke city. You know me and how well (read, NOT well) I deal with puke. I was not thrilled. And, I was home alone with babe and not quite sure how to help him... he ended up throwing up 4 times in a half hour, but never seemed too concerned by it, never ran a temperature, and went back to playing by 6 pm. We played it safe, not sure if he had a stomach bug or what. Poor little guy, I kept him from nursing more than a couple of minutes at a time the rest of the night. Nithing like putting my crying baby back in his crib knowing he wanted to nurse more... :( But we wanted to take it easy on his little tummy. As it turns out, he's fine today. Not sure what caused the reverse peristalsis, but I am very GLAD he is better today. Perhaps it was the jar of bananas we tried yesterday. We originally ruled out food reactions as he hadn't eaten anything new yesterday. But his prior banana experiences were from freshly mashed bananas. And, he didn't particularly like the jarred bananas. So, they've been pitched and I'll be avoiding buying jarred food with absorbic acid from now on. I really should get on the ball and start making some of my own baby food. I keep thinking, we have all these jars we've been given, and he's eating so little right now... but maybe this weekend I'll make up a few veggies for him.
In other exciting news I bought a whole lot of Flor carpet tiles on sale at Target tonight. Jack and I also had a fun time at breastfeeding support group. Only 3 mommies there but it is always good to talk "baby" and "booby" with ladies who really get it! The little guy is currently working on hour 2 of sleeping in his carseat, and I am watching TV with a laptop on my lap. All told, a very nice evening!

No comments: