Friday, July 8, 2022

The rest of June was fun too, installment one: Alumni Weekend


Immediately upon our return from California we commenced our usual routine of "summering hard," with nary a moment to look through our photos (or update this blog).  First up, Alumni Weekend.
It was grade to have this event back after the pandemic-hiatus.  I'd hoped the two years without would inspire Alumni the world over to flock to campus but sadly attendance was actually down from 2019. But no matter! We had an absolute blast with the people who *were* there.

We'd debated whether this was the year to leave the kids home alone overnight and landed on no, not quite yet.  So plans were to go for the day/evening on Saturday only.  Then Jackie reached out to see who would be on campus Friday night to do dinner with her and we dropped everything and joined her. 

One of the very best, this lady.  We went to dinner at the field station and a retirement party for Denny Taylor and chatted with a nice assortment of other 90's alumns in the summer sunshine. 

Then back at it the next afternoon!



We did all the usual things- cocktail hour, golf cart rides, sneaking around in the field station after the All alumni dinner and going up onto the roof...




Met some fabulous people from the class of 91 and 2007 and 2020 and had this amazing campfire experience with them all, sharing beverages and Hiram memories.  I even went and danced to 90's music with some of my new friends and remembered how much I just love going dancing. 
 
 I love how being on campus nevr fails to make me feel like I am 19 again.  I could have stayed up all night soaking it in but we dragged ourselves away to be parents again.  Which is a good thing as Ivy woke up sick at 3am and I was able to sit up with her til 5. Then up at 7:30 to run and head to church and wow did I feel 45 again. 
 

No comments: