Monday, September 5, 2011

God Bless Three Day Weekends

"Back to School" is ALWAYS a shock to the system. I don't know why I am surprised by this again, every year. It's brutal, the early wake-up, the driving, the craziness at school, the craziness of my own darlings who only act like this because they miss me but STILL.... whew. Complicating matters have been runny noses, fevers, coughs, and the ensuing bad nights of sleep that come with two kids getting the same virus in succession.

This weekend, they felt better.

This weekend, I felt better.

I didn't think about school for (almost) three days (just did a BIT of planning before coming on here, because, you know, I ought to have SOMETHING ready for tomorrow...)

After being briefly overwhelmed by the state of affairs in the housecleaning department on Saturday morning, Nat and I divided and conquered and by today I even got to one of my long-term, organization projects. Nevermind the 33 more projects on that list...

HOT weather on Friday and Saturday (mid 90s! In September!) has morphed to fall-like chill and next weekend I'll probably be switching out our seasonal clothes.

In the meantime, here are some moments from our weekend trips to the Botanical Gardens and Rocky River Beach.

No comments: