Wednesday, December 2, 2009

This makes me so happy...

That is one of Jack's new catch phrases. He has been observed to say this about a pair of pajamas and a waffle in the last 24 hours. It is the absolute sincerity with which he says it that makes it so incredibly endearing. Here's a little monologue from Jack this afternoon to help give you the picture.

(Upon waking from his nap)
"I wanna go out there. Get my black stool. I wanna stand on my stool first."
(Upon getting to the kitchen and getting out the stool)
"Waffles! I wanna waffles, get out An Jima (Aunt Jemima, of course). I wanna stir it. Look at the light, light turn red its cookin'. I wanna light turn green. Light red, mommy!"
(This continued during the entire cooking process. Each stage of the light turning green was pointed out enthusiastically.)
(Upon being served his waffle)
"I wanna eat on stool. Syrup! I wanna syrup. Right there. Mmmmm! This makes me so happy, this makes me happy mommy."

Good lord. You just have to love the kid.

Add to this that he has slept through the night for 2 nights in a row and really I think he can do no wrong...

No comments: