Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stander mouse!

Jack's newest trick is...drumroll....standing up by himself! It was pretty amazing to see him-- one moment he was on his knees, then squatting, then boop! up on his feet, like there was nothing too it. The first time I saw him do this, I got very excited. Nat, on the other hand, said lackadaisically, "Oh yeah, he's been doing that all day. " Well. It was new to me....! :)

Today, apparently, he also stepped one foot forward while he was standing. I haven't seen that yet.. but walking may not be that far away...

This evening Jack and I enjoyed the stunning weather (70 degree sunshine... on November 5th!!) by taking a walk and then raking half of the front lawn. Jack enjoyed alternately climbing in and out of his red car, pushing around the rake, and crawling at lightning speed towards the driveway. That kid and crawling on concrete! One plus about his potential walking-- less wear and tear on the knees of all his pants. But he is the cutest crawler... I am already getting nostalgic about when he is not scuttling along on his hands and knees. My little bug...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hayleigh just started standing on her own last week. She hasn't taken any steps yet though. I'm sure walking is in the very near future for both of them.