Monday, June 9, 2008

Habius crawlum!

Yes, it has indeed happened. The famous non-crawling baby now crawls! I will attempt to post a video soon...

It was pretty amazing to watch-- it just...happened. We were relaxing in his playroom on Saturday morning...one moment he was doing his usual sit-reach-go the knees-sit-back-up routine, and the next, he was motoring along, little fluffy butt sashaying back and forth as he crawled. Like he'd been doing it forever! Guess all the practicing paid off! He does seem to forget what he's doing at times. He'll pause and go up on his toes, waggle his bum around in the air for a minute... then back in action. I don't think he realizes yet that the world has been opened up to him and he can crawl anywhere he wants. He only does it sometimes and (typical male) will do it mainly to get to the remote, or other electronic object. He did crawl over to me tonight, though, which melted my heart. ( He seems to be doing that quite a bit recently. Endearing little fellow these days.)

In other news, we took a day trip to Ikea yesterday, to escape the heat in air-conditioned consumer paradise, and to spend massive amounts of money (chagrined little smile here...). Jackeroo was a fabulous and patient baby while we shopped. Melinda and Will came along and took care of him for much of the day. He was a sweet little bug and chilled in his stroller most of the day, but did enjoy crawling around on the concrete floor (a new experience for him). In addition to the playroom storage unit we intended to buy, we came away with a new sink, new butcherblock counters, and a schnazzy new faucet for the kitchen. As well as various odds and ends, and the 3-pack of scissors we get every time.. :). I am super excited about the kitchen remodel we have planned. I have my work cut out for me, though, as the plan involves painting or replacing every surface in the room except for the floor. I don't know what I am thinking.

Two more days of school, with students! I can't believe it's the end of the year. I guess its a good sign that I am not totally ready for the year to end. Nat points out that I technically have another quarter of teaching in me, having missed first quarter for our little man. It also doesn't quite feel like the end of the year to me because I am actually not really done working on Thursday. Silly me, I have signed up to go to a 4 day math workshop and then teach summer reading for 2 weeks. It will pay well and it is a big change from the norm, so I know it will be fine.. but again I wonder what I was thinking! One thing is certain-- time will speed along toward our trip to the lake in July. It is stiflingly hot right now and I cannot wait to be by the water again and really ENJOY summer. As I run around after my mobile baby. Crazy!

No comments: