Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spoke too soon...

Well, spring didn't last long.  Its been back to snow and cold for us this week, and a whole winter's worth of cold virus for this mommy, all at once.  I had to leave work early on Thursday, I was feeling so crummy.  Realized I should stay home on Friday when I got up and tried to make Jack's lunch, and was taxed to exhaustion by pulling the crusts off the bread.  It's been a tissue-y, cough drop-y sort of week for me.

The children (knock on wood) seem to have escaped the affliction thus far, and have had a pretty nice week, I think.  They've been well-behaved, for the most part.  And cute.  We also enjoyed the added bonus of Monday and Wednesday evenings with Daddy home, as Nat's spring break was this week.  We went swimming, we went to the library, the children went about their daily routines...and somehow it is Sunday again and I am steeling myself to head back to work and clean up the mess.  A day and a half with last-minute subs in my classroom-- this is tough for the teacher who never calls off!

In the meantime, some photos for you.  Most of these good times were had in my absence, so not much narrative tonight.

Oh! I would like to share with you a couple of cute Ivy-isms, first--

Nat and Jack got their haircut on Thursday afternoon.  As I was home feeling crappy, Ivy got to go along and watch.  She eagerly explained to me that "Daddy and Jack took a haircut but I didn't take a haircut..."  I love the use of the word "take" in this situation..  Today after dinner at Melinda and Will's she proceeded to have Daddy take a haircut again, as she wielded a pair of play scissors.  Absolute concentration, tipping her head to the side, snip-snip-snipping with precision, even holding Nat's head and ordering him "Dohn move your head, Daddy!!"  She certainly paid attention on Thursday!


At the mall with Gram yesterday:  after Gram named the people in Ivy's family, the girl sternly corrected her:  "No, Gram Gram.  My Daddy's name is DR. Nat!"

She got some points with Nat for that one.

Ok. Pictures.  

Here are some older shots. 

I really like this one of my mom on her birthday.
 
 And of her handsome boy, Pip.


 Ivy at the museum last week...
They went again this Friday, too.  I stayed home.  whiny sick mommy, blah blah blah...


Oh, how long ago this seems!!  Our wonderful day just one week ago, when spring seemed like it might really happen...  I can't even bring myself to take a picture of the dismal  world outside today....





  Big news for the boy-- he likes to just jump out of the van and head to the school on his own in the morning.  That little figure disappearing across the giant field?  My big boy...

He also got his 2nd term report card this weekend!   All 4's  with an occasional 3 in some "new skill" areas.  And much to my chagrin, 2's in music... how do I have a child whose worst "grades" are in music????  I am actually tempted to be that mom and call the music teacher for suggestions of what we need to work on to bring his music grade up.  Which is extra silly as he doesn't actually get grades at all....

(For those of you wondering, a 4 means "does this skill independently", a 3 means "With limited prompts" and a 2 means "with frequent prompts"....)

During the haircut....


And after...
 

Nat was the parent helper in Ivy's class on Friday.  Yay! more pictures of the incredible cuteness!




Here are a few pictures that are more indicative of the weather we've had this week...



And, oh, how I love this funny little girl...


 and this boy, too...


 Happy week, everyone. ..

No comments: