Sunday, January 27, 2013

Story time

Its been a nice Sunday, as evidenced by the fact that I am still wearing pajama pants, and the only time I left the house was to go sledding this morning.  It was a sunny-lovely day and I soaked in the sight of the bright-white snow covered world before the melt comes tomorrow.  We cleaned and played games and watched a movie.

And, Jack read us a book.

Here he is, reading from "Go, Dog, Go!"  With a little help, yes.  But this is his first time trying this book-- and I think he did pretty well.  He made it through about 500 of the 550 words in the book, which is also a tremendous display of stamina for our boy.

As he went up the stairs to bed, Nat said to him, "I can't believe you read 500 words tonight! Wow."  And Jack replied, "I'm really proud!"

I am too.




And did I ever post this one?   Meh, it's so cute it doesn't matter if it's on here twice!



No comments: