Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big boy bath!

Jack had a big event this evening-- he had his first bath in the ACTUAL bathtub. That's right, until tonight our 16 month old son was still getting his bath in the kitchen sink. How embarrassing! :) Tonight, he and I happened to be hanging out in the bathroom (one of his favorite pastimes these days) when I realized it was about time for his bath. I mentioned this to him and the smart little bugger looked right at the bathtub, and then back at me, as though to say "Shall we?" So we did and he seemed to have a great time. It was rather strange to see the little guy sitting in the great big tub-- squeezed into the kitchen sink, he looks huge. But by moving bathtime to the tub, I am now able to perpetuate the notion that I still have a tiny, little baby.

Seriously, I know I've been exclaiming over how big and grown up he seems for the past, oh, year or so-- but recently he REALLY seems big and grown up. The combination of the fact that his 18 month clothes are getting a little small, and that he is starting to be able to run, and that he is talking so much more... it all comes together to equal "toddler". Little boy. Crazy.

Speaking of talking, a BZ poll today asked about how many words the kiddos are saying. I made a list and determined, to the best of my memory, he's currently got about 27 that he uses spontaneously and functionally and that at least I can understand. Here they are:

No, truck, dog, dad, mama, sit, take it, down, stay (the previous 4 are said to the dog, of course!), up, sock, shoes, boot, hat, go, out, hot, eye, nose, cheese, keys, mew (for cat), water, down, done, hi, bye, night-night, bow wow

He also signs for more and is starting to sign for please, and just started nodding his head...

Other exciting news in our world-- it is going to be -12 out tonight. That is pretty darn cold for Cleveland. We are off school tomorrow so children don't freeze to death. Hooray for cold days!!

No comments: