Monday, January 28, 2008

5 months!

It's kind of unbelievable that we've been at this whole parent thing for 5 months already. And it's shocking how true the saying is, that the nights are long but the months are short. The years too, I imagine.
So here we have this big, grown up, fully formed 5 month old baby. He's all chubby and round and solid and full of smiles. The perfect image of baby-ness, in fact. Here are some things our 5 month old can do:
*he can sit up by himself, for at least 5 minutes
*he can scootch his bum across the floor while he is sitting (he does this little "wiggle and sit up at the same time" thing. It's adorable.
*these days when he nurses, he reaches up and plays with my mouth and grabs my glasses. Cute, for now.
*he is VERY into grabbing my hair. Again, cute, for now...
*when I am cooking and have my back turned, he'll yell loudly to get me to turn around, then flash this whole-face, scrinchy smile at me
*he's just started passing things from one hand to the other. Today, he enjoyed playing with a piece of used packing tape this way.
*I dare say he almost LIKES tummy time.
*he is very content to sit and watch us, play with his hands, or chew on something for long periods of time. Really, a pretty happy and contented baby, unless he's tired. When he's tired he gets a bit whiny, and rubs his nose and eyes.
*he's certainly not back onto any sort of good night time schedule, but he is a real champ at going to bed. His nighttime routine right now is: a story or 2 in the rocker, then nurse, then change into PJ's with a lotion massage, then snuggle and dance back and forth for a bit (I really like that part; he rests his little cheek against mine... so sweet) then swaddle him up in his crib, say "goodnight baby" and leave. And off he goes to sleep!
*he loves his dog!
*he also loves "If you're happy and you know it" and hearing us say "peek" in a really high voice.

He's pretty cute these days...

No comments: