Thursday, May 12, 2022

An alpaca party for a twelve year old...

We spent our weekend celebrating our tiny girl... who is somehow 12 years old and as tall as me already and I just cannot comprehend the speed of the passage of time. 


Ivy decided to have her party at Majestic Meadows because it's pretty much the best place ever.  I was under strict orders to NOT have a theme for the party.... but I snuck one in anyways.  Welcome to Ivy's "Vaguely Alpaca and Nature" party!


Our girl baked and decorated her own cake. Chcolate with caramel in the center, vanilla frosting and careful piping in her favorite color. 
I think this cat enjoys a clean and decorate house.  Look at how she is taking it all in. 
We drove the Cleveland Heights contingent of the party out in our van.  The kids played Cards Against Humanity the whole drive there (and back!)  I do love a van-ful of kids.

Naomi and Lillian met us there to complete the group. I am just suffused with gratitude that both of our kids have found themselves friends who are kind and smart and fun.  I genuinely enjoyed spending time with each of these young people on Saturday.


 There were so many wonderful and adorable and memorable moments during our time at the farm.  Here's the highlight reel. 
My daughter is part lion.  At least on a blustery spring day.


These sheep were a riot.  Not only did they have the cutest smiling faces, they were also intensely food motivated.  I have never had sheep jump up on me for food.  Not until last Saturday, anyways.


Petting a kangaroo was a brand new experience for much of our crew.  There was a lot of love for Lilly and Poppy.  Kangaroos are actually made of velvet, I think. 

So are baby goats.  There were 4 of the softest, snuggliest tiny goats ever.  Ivy had two of them nibbling her fingers at one point, which she told me was "the best moment ever" with her eyes all alight.



The piglets were in the running, too.  Not as soft as our goat babies, but they did like to climb into laps and fall asleep in a pile.
Irresistable. 



Attempts to get a photo of Ivy with an alpaca were foiled by wind and large quantities of hair.  If I could get that girl to use a hair tie!!







 
Back home, our barn-smelling little crew had a great time eating lots of pizza, stacking pop cans, playing hammock wars, and just being friends. 








It is nearly impossible to get a smiling photo of my daughter these days.  This one shows one of her favorite expressions these days.  She just can never understand why her parents act the way they do. 


(it's because we love you, kiddo.  and because we are kind of crazy.) 


No comments: