Friday, March 17, 2017

Likeable

This evening we spent some quality family time at the outlet mall.  Jack was off a playdate so Nat and I took the one child in our charge to enjoy some rampant consumerism and shoe shopping.

Two observations:

1.  Parenting one child at a time is SO much easier than parenting the two of them together, these days.  Remove the constant squabbling, and life is a breeze.

2.  My daughter is a really fun shopping companion.

Seriously.  She was a hoot.  We had the best time at the Ann Taylor Outlet, browsing the clearance racks together.  Never too young to learn the skill of bargain hunting!  Ivy enjoyed pulling out her favorite tops for me to try on, and decrying the pieces she did not approve of.  "What did they THINK they were MAKING????" she exclaimed, holding out a lavender, half-sheer blouse.  "It buttons up here on the neck and its light AND dark??"  She is not afraid to express herself, my girl.
In the dressing room, she was the perfect combination of supportive and honest, and eagerly helped with both hangers and decision making. We laughed and commiserated and enjoyed each other's company along with the clothing.

I've loved my children from the first-- but what fun to turn around and realize how much I *like* the people they are becoming, too.




No comments: