Sunday, January 29, 2017

Light in the Darkness

It's been a long week.  

Also, it seems insane that just one week ago I was marching in DC.

It's been a hard week.  A sad and angry one.

And, it's been a perfectly lovely week, full of crazy weather and busy evenings and lovely times with friends. 

My life, forever being more than one thing.

I am struggling this week with the darkness that is being a sensitive and passionate and educated person  at the dawn of the new American regime.  Every day, more terrible news.  More rights being restricted, control  being exerted.  People in power saying terrible things, or staying silent in the face of gross injustice.   My friends and I watch in horror as we see his supporters celebrating.  It is just the beginning but I see the future of our country rolling out in front of my eyes, clear as if it already happened.  Because it did.  Many times.  

History repeats itself and lucky us, we're going to have front row seats.

While I wait for the show to start, I am sending emails and reading articles and making phone calls and educating myself on social justice.  I am renewing passports and setting up a saving plan.  I am trying to figure out how to fight. 

And, I am holding on to all the normal life I can.  The beauty of it, this life!
 Our freedom and privilege and comfort!  All that we take for granted! 

Here are some moments from this week.  

This is what we are fighting for. 

---------------------------------

A day in Cuyahoga Valley National Park (which is, I am proud to report, a member of the #altnps Resistance!)

Crazy warm weather found us playing tag and riding scooters and finding painted rocks in the fresh air at Brandywine Falls...


Jack found the first rock-- it came with instructions to re-hide it, which we did.  We have since joined the Facebook group, Northeast Ohio Rocks, and plan to do some rock painting and hiding as soon as the snow melts again....



Speed demon.

my guys...




Friends!  The intensity of the pretend play with these girls!  Today, they were three cats on an adventure...

Ivy's turn to find and hide one!
Heart-Heart is her current cat name.


So, this moment.  Jack was showing Naomi how to pull off these tiny seeds and scatter them into the wind.

Could I love them more???

Friday Night fun with the mamas!

We closed down two establishments, cause we're crazy like that.  Ethiopian food at Zoma, then a delightful quick drink at Cleveland Urban Winery. All less than a mile from my house.  Have I mentioned I love where I live??

Time with these ladies is good for my soul.


Date night and a party!  Gram took the kids for an overnight on Saturday and Nat and I got dinner out together and then a chance to go to a grownup birthday party with some college friends.  Can't beat that!   Plus, the party was at the Bottlehouse brewery-- less than a 1/2 mile from my house.
Yep, love where I live...

And my wonderful, beautiful friends.

 And snuggling new babies.

Happy Birthday, Dave!
 Speaking of Birthdays...

This stunning young lady is 26!  Not sure how that is possible, since she's *supposed* to be my BABY sister...!
We had a wonderful brunch with lots of snuggles from kids and spaniels.


 See?

If that couchful isn't worth fighting for, I don't know what is.

Oh- maybe the right for ALL people in America to have as much love and freedom and food and safety and laughter and joy as I was blessed with this week.  And the chance to live without the fear of losing those things.

That might be worth fighting for too.

In solidarity,
A.

No comments: