Saturday, February 22, 2014

Anytime.

I'll take a day like this again.  Anytime.

How did I love today?  Let me count the ways:

1.  It was sunny out!
2.  There was a high of 43!
3.  These two things made me feel like spring may actually be a possibility again someday (after next week when the high is back to 12 again, that is)
4. My son jumped out of bed this morning, early, and set to work on finishing his chore chart.  At 7:15, he was happily dusting.  By 8, he was independently gathering trash.  I love chore charts.
5.  We got to spend the morning eating snacks and chatting with our wonderful friends as our children ran and played with balloons.








6. I went for a 10 mile run with a friend who I don't spend nearly enough time with.  It was only supposed to be a 7 mile run, but who notices street signs while you are talking?  So we ran 3 extra miles, meh.  We're tough like that.
7. This evening we left the kids with my mom and got dressed up and went out like real grown ups, with dinner and drinks and dancing, even.  A wonderful night at the West Shore Chorale benefit celebration of John's 30 years as our director.  I love that man, and its such a pleasure to be part of this group.  Plus, it was a grand excuse to wear a ballgown.





Tomorrow, the temperature will drop.  Life will be back to normal, with work to do and kids to corral.  But there could be another day like today, anytime.  And I'll be ready.

No comments: