Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fall Leaves, redux

 I'm really going to miss fall this year.

It's been good to us.


On a treat of a two-and-a-half day weekend (a perk of late-night conferences last Thursday), we got in one more perfect fall afternoon, with a hike to the stream in Bedford.



  The kids both hiked down and back on their own power, with enthusiasm and many side trips to investigate moss and stones, and to search again and again for the perfect walking stick.  I






By Sunday the weather had turned back to November on us.  But we made the best of it by painting several basement walls in fresh, bright blue and yellow "oops" paint, and rearranging our dining and living room configurations.  Why not undertake several major projects in one day?  We're currently getting used to the new rooms (not sure if I love it but I DO love the cleaned and organized sideboard we got out of the deal), slowly carrying on with the basement project, and marveling at just how incredibly fast a month can go.  Holidays are coming soon, winter prowling around the corner ...
but I will hold on to fall for just a little longer, I think.




No comments: