Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A perfect son

Tonight is one of those nights when I am sure that my son is the world's most perfect child. Coming home from Lakewood at 10:30, the boy was sleepy and a little stuffy and super cuddly. Daddy brought him in from the car and settled into the glider for a little "tuggle" before bed. I headed off to refill and set up his humidifier. I remarked in a whisper to Nat that I was having a hard time getting it to reset and get running. Then from somewhere in the vicinity of Nat's chest comes a little, hoarse and sleepy voice: "You sould plug it in, Mommy, that will make it work." :) And thus it begins, a lifetime of my child helping me to deal with technology....
Nat and I laughed all the more as we remembered the classic story from college, when I complained to Nat that my TV was not working... and my brilliant then-boyfriend waltzed in and saved the day... by plugging it in.
To my credit, Jack, the humidifier WAS plugged in tonight. Really.
Nat noted, as we giggled and hugged on our sleepy and adorable child, that someday Jack would be bored by hearing that story, over and over again.
Jack lifted his head and with surprising enthusiasm, said, "Yeah!! I get bored at Gram's house...!" Then buried his head in Nat's chest again.

I love him.

No comments: