Saturday, November 7, 2009

funny boy

Here are a few of the things Jack has done recently to make me laugh out loud.

While putting Jack to bed one night, he began to do his new trick of spinning in a circle and dropping to the floor. Repeatedly. I explained to him that it was time to read a book now, and that he should pick one. No response. I asked him,"Are you going to choose a book, or are you too busy falling?" No response. I ask again for him to choose a book. He stops spinning, looks at me very seriously, and says "I'm too busy fallin', mommy" in this very deadpan voice. I, of course, caused this cycle to repeat many more times by laughing my head off in response.

Last night in the car, Jack wanted to listen to music. We had an Indigo Girls CD in and suggested he sing along. He was excited about this. So, when the words started, I began to sing along... and so did Jack. He sang the abc song. He continued to sing the abc song any time there were words to the song, for the next few songs, exclaiming "yay!" for himself each time he go to the end. He was singing along, it's true... I am always a little surprised at how perfectly literal he is in his interpretation of the world at this age.

Later during this same drive, Nat exclaimed "Jesus!" at a passing car. Turns out the time has come for us to watch what we say. Jack, who had been happily singing along, switched over to saying "Jesus!" in a perfect, albeit higher pitched, imitation of Nat. And again, he said it over and over because we couldn't help but laugh. It only got worse when he changed to saying "Jesus, daddy!" It's hard to explain exactly how funny this was. You'll just have to trust me.

No comments: