Monday, June 8, 2009

Meet the Trucks and fun with friends...






We had a lovely, busy weekend... We started off with a trip to Lakewood on Saturday for Meet the Trucks. Mass insanity, populated by every family with a toddler in the greater Cleveland area. Lots of children honking truck horns.... Jack was in awe, and rather overwhelmed by it all. (As soon as I find my camera cable I will upload a great video of the overloaded boy wandering in a daze from truck to truck.) There were some crazy lines to get into the trucks, so Jack didn't get to explore the cabs of the trucks in the detail that he would have liked. But I am pretty sure he had a good time. Of course, he also had a good time on the rocking horse in the playground there at Lakewood Park. It really doesn't take much!

After spending the afternoon with my mom, I headed home and we went over to Lotte and Jim's house for a barbeque. These are our lovely friends from the parent center who are moving to Pennsylvania in a month. Sigh. We are really getting tired of this happening. But we did have a great evening watching the 4 little boys play together-- climbing trees and reading books and everything in between. Linus and Evan taught Jack how to play tag! It was so incredibly cute to watch him "discover" what he was supposed to do. At first he stood there with a funny little confused grin when he was tagged, but before long he was running and schreeching and trying to tag everyone he saw.

On Sunday we had a gran into some neighbors there who we've met several other times at the park, 2 year old Hazel and her dad James, and ended up having them over to play at the house for a bit so we could exchange information to arrange a playdate sometime. So even though families we like keep moving out of Cleveland Heights, there do seem to be others around to meet, and little kids around the same age make for great conversation starters...

Sunday afternoon was Becca's graduation from Lakewood High!! It was crazy to see my little baby sister up there on stage. Seems like only a moment has passed since she was Jack's age, since I was the one on that same stage with my life spread out wide before me... I definitely got a bit nostalgic. Of course there is the train of thought that meanders along the edge of "what else could I be doing with my life now, 15 years out..." But then Nat went and got Jack and brought him to dinner and that little impish man was the center of our attention for 2 hours at the restaurant...and I felt a lot better about what I am doing with my life right now. I think its pretty worthwhile. And certainly very cute!

1 comment:

bucket trucks said...

When we thought of the trucks we always got in our minds bucket trucks which sometimes dubbed as the cherry picker. This is true where this equipment really helps in jobs where height is the matter.