Thursday, September 4, 2008

12 month Doctor visit...

Jack had his app't this evening. 4 shots! Youch! He screeched mightily but calmed down quickly with the help of some boob, and was playing happily a few minutes later. He was fascinated with the sparkly band-aids and peeled one of them off within moments of noticing it.

Here's hoping he's not up all night with sore arms and legs, poor little guy...

His stats:

height-- 31 in (85%)

Weight-- 23lbs-- 55%

Head-- 55%

The doc was a little concerned that his weight has dropped a percentile section on the graph so we have to go back in a month for a weight check. Nothing like that to make you feel like a crummy mom. :( I am already so frustrated with how picky of an eater he is... but how do you force a kid to eat!! And, since I have been back to work, he is refusing bottles, still won't take any form of milk from a sippy-- so he's dropped 2-3 breastfeedings a day, overnight. In a lot of ways, I feel like he must be just fine-- he drinks water during the day, nurses 3-4 times a day, he does eat some yogurt and cheese... but now I get to "officially" worry about this. Just what I need!

Other than that, all was fine. The not-yet-walking is no problem, and I was very pleased that the doc seemed impressed by our list of the words Jack can say. :)

I still can't quite believe that I am the mom of a one year old.

No comments: